Table of Contents
Bernard Arnault – Overviews
French billionaire businessman and art collector Bernard Arnault. He was born in Roubaix, France, on March 5, 1949. Arnault serves as the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH, a French multinational business that produces luxury goods under the Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Fendi, and Bulgari names. He is currently the richest fashion magnate in the world and one of the wealthiest persons in the world, with a net worth of about $240 billion.
At Ferret-Savinel, the civil engineering firm owned by his father, Arnault began his professional career. But he soon went on to take over his mother’s textile company, which he successfully transformed into a business. Arnault bought the floundering fashion firm Christian Dior in 1984, gave it a fresh start, and helped it grow into a successful brand. His rise to being one of the most prosperous business people in the fashion world began with this.
Under Arnault’s direction, LVMH, which he started in 1987, grew to be the world’s largest manufacturer of luxury goods. He is renowned for his creative branding strategies for high-end items, mainly utilising marketing and advertising to develop campaigns that are iconic and unforgettable. Collaborations with artists and designers were also started by Arnault, which contributed to the brand’s rise in the fashion industry.
Arnault is a well-known philanthropist who supports several causes, including the arts, health, and education. He has five kids with Helene Mercier, his wife. Arnault is a passionate art collector who has works by Picasso and Henry Moore, among other well-known painters.
Bernard Arnault Wiki
Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault, better known by his stage name Bernard Arnault, is a French business tycoon, art collector, and investor. The largest luxury goods firm in the world, LVMH Mot Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, is led by him as co-founder, chairman, and CEO. Forbes estimates that as of April 2023, Arnault and his family will be valued at US$240 billion. He is now the second-richest person in the world and the richest person in Europe as a result. His mother, Marie-Josèphe Savinel, who was also Étienne Savinel’s daughter, confessed to having a “fascination for Dior.” Father Jean Léon Arnault, an industrialist and École Centrale Paris alumnus, owned Ferret-Savinel.
Among the artists in Arnault’s collection are Yves Klein, Pablo Picasso, Henry Moore, Andy Warhol, and Henry Moore. He also played a role in making LVMH a significant sponsor of French art. Students from fine arts colleges around the world are eligible to enter the LVMH Young Fashion Designer competition. Each year, the winner receives a scholarship and a year of mentoring to assist them in developing their own brand.
From 1999 until 2003, he was the owner of Phillips de Pury & Company, the first auctioneer in France, and he also purchased Tajan. In 2006, Arnault began work on the Louis Vuitton Foundation’s construction project. The structure was designed by Frank Gehry and is devoted to originality and modern art. The Foundation was formally created at the Jardin d’Acclimatation on October 20, 2014.
Why is Bernard Arnault famous?
Famous for being a French billionaire businessman and art collector, Bernard Arnault. He serves as the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH, a French multinational business that sells luxury items under the Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Fendi, and Bulgari names. He is currently the richest fashion magnate in the world and one of the wealthiest persons in the world, with a net worth of about $240 billion.
Arnault is renowned for his creative approach to branding luxury goods. He spends a lot of money on marketing and advertising to develop campaigns that are distinctive and unforgettable. Additionally, he developed partnerships with designers and artists, which improved the brand’s standing in the fashion industry.
Arnault is a prominent philanthropist who supports a number of causes, including education, health, and the arts, in addition to his success in the fashion sector. He also enjoys collecting art, and his collection includes works by Picasso and Henry Moore, among other well-known painters. Overall, Bernard Arnault has established himself as a leading figure in the business and fashion worlds thanks to his financial savvy, entrepreneurial drive, and enthusiasm for art.
Bernard Arnault Personal Details
|Real Name||Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault|
|Profession||Business Tycoon, Media Proprietor, Art Collector, and Entrepreneur|
|Famous For||Richest Person of World|
|Date of Birth||05 March 1949|
|Age||74 Years (as in 2023)|
|Place of Birth||Roubaix, France|
|Hometown||New Rochelle, Paris|
|Current Address||New Rochelle, Paris|
|Hobbies||Playing Piano and Listening Music|
Bernard Arnault Education Qualification
|School||Lycée Maxence Van Der Meersch in Roubaix, and the Lycée Faidherbe in Lille.|
|College/University||The École Polytechnique, France|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Civil Engineering and Mathematics|
Bernard Arnault Body Preference and Measurement
|Height (Approx.)||6 Feet 1 Inch|
|Weight (Approx.)||81 KG|
Bernard Arnault Family
|Father Name||Jean Leon Arnault|
|Mother Name||Marie-Josèphe Savinel|
Bernard Arnault Marital Status | Relationship | Girlfriend | Affairs
|Wife||Anne Dewavrin (m:1973;div1990)Hélène Mercier (m. 1991)|
|Son||Antoine ArnaultFrédéric ArnaultAlexandre ArnaultJean Arnault|
Bernard Arnault Early life | Profession | Career
The well-known businessman, financier, and art collector Bernard Arnault. He serves as the chairman and CEO of LVMH, an international conglomerate of luxury products that is home to more than 60 esteemed brands. We shall examine this exceptional entrepreneur’s early years, occupation, and career in this post.
Roubaix, a city in northern France, is where Bernard Arnault was born on March 5, 1949. His father, Jean Leon Arnault, was the proprietor of a civil engineering firm that specialises in building bridges and tunnels. Marie-Josèphe Savinel, his mother, was a stay-at-home mother.
At the esteemed École Polytechnique in Paris, Bernard Arnault pursued a career in engineering. Later, he decided to pursue a business career and enrolled in the École des Mines in Fontainebleau.
The largest conglomerate of luxury goods companies in the world is now LVMH, thanks to Bernard Arnault’s leadership. In 2020, the company’s revenue was €53.7 billion, and it had over 160,000 employees all around the world. With an estimated net worth of $188.5 billion, Bernard Arnault ranks third in the world and is the richest person in Europe.
Bernard Arnault is a well-known philanthropist and art collector. Millions of dollars have been contributed by him to numerous foundations and charities, notably the Fondation Louis Vuitton, which he founded in 2006. The organisation promotes modern and contemporary art, and it has held a number of exhibitions exhibiting the creations of well-known artists like Jeff Koons and Olafur Eliasson.
Bernard Arnault Businesses | Start Up
These include names like Tiffany & Co., Bulgari, Tag Heuer, Christian Dior, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Sephora, and Fendi. The business of wine, champagne, spirits, apparel and leather goods, watches, jewellery, perfumes, and cosmetics are all activities carried out by Bernard Arnault’s organisation.
The head of the largest luxury goods company in the world, LVMH Mot Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, Bernard Arnault is a French businessman. According to Forbes, he is now the third-richest person in the world and the richest person in Europe, with a net worth of over $240 billion.
LVMH has grown to incorporate over 70 luxury brands under Arnault’s direction, including fashion labels like Christian Dior, Fendi, and Givenchy as well as wine and spirits producers like Moet & Chandon and Hennessy. Through companies like Sephora and Benefit Cosmetics, the firm is also well-represented in the cosmetics sector.
Bernard Arnault Favourites
|Favourite Food||French cuisine|
|Hobbies||Reading and Listening to music|
|Favourite Car Collection||BMW 760Li|
|Favourite Colour||Black and Blue|
|Favourite Book||Good to Great by Jim Collins|
Bernard Arnault Net Worth
|Net Worth (As per 2023)||24,000 Crores Rupees in Indian Currency Approximately(Around $240 Billion USD)|
Bernard Arnault Social Media Handle
Bernard Arnault Facts
- Bernard Arnault is a French billionaire businessman and the Chairman and CEO of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, the world’s largest luxury goods company.
- He was born in Roubaix, France, on March 5, 1949.
- Arnault’s mother was a musician, while his father had a construction business.
- He pursued engineering studies at the École Polytechnique in Paris.
- With the aid of a loan from the French bank Lazard Freres, Arnault was able to purchase the fashion house Christian Dior in 1984.
- Arnault has five children from two marriages.
- In addition to his position at LVMH, Arnault has also invested through his family’s investment company, Groupe Arnault, in a number of other companies and startups, such as Netflix, Slack, and Airbnb.
- Arnault is renowned for amassing a sizable collection of modern artwork that is thought to be worth over $1 billion.
- Throughout his career, he has received a great deal of recognition, including the Order of Canada and the Legion of Honour, France’s highest civilian honour.
- According to Forbes, as of 2021, Arnault has a net worth of more than $140 billion, making him the third-richest person in the world and the richest person in Europe.
- Arnault is a philanthropist who has made significant financial contributions to numerous charity initiatives, including the renovation of Paris’ Notre-Dame Cathedral after a fire devastated it in 2019.
- Before starting his own business, Arnault first worked for Ferret-Savinel, his father’s construction company.
- He is quite active in LVMH’s daily operations and is renowned for his hands-on management approach.
- Céline, Fendi, and Givenchy are just a few of the faltering brands in LVMH’s portfolio that Arnault is credited for saving.
- Arnault received the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour in 2007, which is France’s highest honour.
- Throughout his career, Arnault has fought in a number of high-profile legal fights, including one brought by Hermès in 2012 over claims of insider trading.
- Arnault is a member of the Fondation Louis Vuitton Board of Directors, a contemporary art museum in Paris that he helped create and support.
- To assist in funding the Notre-Dame Cathedral’s reconstruction after it was devastated by fire, Arnault promised to donate 200 million euros in 2019.
- Arnault is renowned for his passion for skiing and is the owner of an opulent chalet in the French Alps.
- He has been characterised as a private person who hardly ever grants press interviews.