Table of Contents
Elon Musk – Overviews
Entrepreneur, businessperson, inventor, and engineer Elon Musk is a South African-born Canadian-American. He co-founded the electronic payment company PayPal, launched the vehicle and spacecraft manufacturing SpaceX, and co-founded and made a sizable investment in the electric automobile maker Tesla. Elon Musk, who has founded four billion-dollar businesses, including PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX, and Solar City, is frequently regarded as one of the world’s most successful businessmen.
However, many believe that Musk is really an engineer, inventor, and technologist first, before becoming an entrepreneur. Musk has received praise for his ability to identify design inadequacies, mistakes, and oversights in some of the technologies on which civilization depends. Elon Musk is an engineer.
Elon Musk Wiki
Business tycoon Elon Musk is also an engineer and an industrial designer. Musk is the CEO and co-founder of the space exploration firm SpaceX as well as the CEO and product architect of the electric vehicle and renewable energy manufacturing company Tesla, Inc.
In his early years, Musk worked in the software sector and developed Zip2, a company that offered maps and business directories to newspapers. Musk co-founded PayPal, an online payment system that was subsequently purchased by eBay, after selling Zip2.
Entrepreneur and investor Elon Reeve Musk, FRS. He is the owner and CEO of Twitter, the founder of the Boring Company, the CEO and chief engineer of SpaceX, an angel investor, the CEO and chief product architect of Tesla, Inc., the co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI, and the president of the charitable Musk Foundation.
In addition to his work with SpaceX and Tesla, Musk has been involved in a number of other businesses, including The Boring startup and Neuralink, a startup that intends to create brain-machine interfaces. He is also renowned for having lofty ambitions, such as his ideas to colonise Mars and the Hyperloop, a high-speed transportation technology.
Why is Elon Musk famous?
Entrepreneur Elon Musk has gained worldwide recognition as the CEO of the private space enterprise SpaceX and the electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla Inc. Early investors in a number of tech firms, Musk completed a deal to take Twitter, Inc. (now X Corp) private in October 2022.
Elon Musk Personal Details
|Elon Reeve Musk
|Entrepreneur, Businessman, and Investor
|CEO of SpaceX, Twitter, and Tesla
|Date of Birth
|28th June 1971
|51 Years (as in 2023)
|Place of Birth
|Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa
|Pretoria, South Africa
|California, United States
|Philosophy, Science Fiction, and Fantasy Novels
Elon Musk Education Qualification
|Waterkloof House Preparatory SchoolBryanston High SchoolPretoria Boys High School
|Queen’s UniversityUniversity of PennsylvaniaStanford University, California
|Bachelor of Science in Economics from University of PennsylvaniaBachelor of Science in Physics from University of PennsylvaniaPhD in Energy Physics from Stanford University, California (Dropped Out)
Elon Musk Body Preference and Measurement
|6 Feet 1 Inch
Elon Musk Family
|Errol Musk (Electromechanical Engineer, Pilot)
|Maye Musk (Model, Dietitian)
|Kimbal Musk (Entrepreneur, Philanthropist)
|Tosca Musk (Filmmaker)
Elon Musk Marital Status | Relationship | Girlfriend | Affairs
|Justine Musk (2000-2008)Talulah Riley (2010-2016)
|Justine Musk (2000-2008)Cameron Diaz (2013)Talulah Riley (2010-2016)Amber Heard (2016-2017)Grimes (2018-2021)Natasha Bassett (2021-present)
|X Æ A-12 Musk
Elon Musk Early life | Profession | Career
On June 28, 1971, in Pretoria, South Africa, Elon Musk was born. His mother was a model and a nutritionist, and his father was an electromechanical engineer. When he was just 12 years old, Musk began teaching himself how to programme, demonstrating an early passion in technology and computers.
Musk travelled to the United States at the age of 17 to pursue college after visiting multiple schools in South Africa. His undergraduate studies in physics and economics were completed at the University of Pennsylvania after he transferred from Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada.
Musk worked as an intern for several companies while he was in college, including Pinnacle Research Institute and Rocket Science Games. He also established Zip2, his first firm, which offered newspapers internet business directories and maps.
After selling Zip2 in 1999 for close to $300 million, Elon Musk went on to co-found X.com, an online payment startup that would eventually become PayPal. Musk became a multimillionaire when eBay paid $1.5 billion to acquire PayPal in 2002.
As he persisted in pursuing his love of space exploration, Musk established SpaceX in 2002 with the intention of bringing down the price of space travel and eventually transforming humanity into a “multi-planetary species.” In 2003, he launched Tesla Motors with the goal of creating affordable electric cars, and he also got active in the electric vehicle sector.
With a net worth of more than $200 billion as of 2023, Musk is currently regarded as one of the most important and innovative figures in the technological sector. His early life lessons and entrepreneurial drive have influenced the direction of his career and motivated his determination to push the limits of what is conceivable.
Elon Musk Businesses | Start Up
Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, and SolarCity are just a few of the companies Elon Musk is involved in. Tesla is a manufacturer of electric vehicles and sustainable energy products, whereas SpaceX is a space exploration firm that seeks to lower the cost of space travel and make it more affordable for the general population. SolarCity offers solar power systems for homes and businesses, while The Boring Company focuses on alleviating traffic congestion by constructing subterranean transit tunnels. Musk has also participated in a number of other businesses over the course of his career, including Zip2 and PayPal.
Tesla, Inc. is a global American auto and clean energy company with its corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas. Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, including automobiles and trucks, as well as grid-scale and home battery energy storage systems, solar panels, solar roof tiles, and other products and services. By 2023, Tesla will be the most valuable automaker and one of the world’s most valuable companies. The company sold the most battery electric automobiles globally in 2022, holding 18% of the market.
2) Solar City
The publicly traded SolarCity Corporation, based in Fremont, California, sold and installed solar energy production equipment in addition to providing other goods and services to residential, business, and industrial customers. The company was established on July 4, 2006, by Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla and SpaceX, and his cousins Peter and Lyndon Rive. After purchasing SolarCity in 2016 for approximately US$2.6 billion (equivalent to $2.9 billion in 2021) and rebranding it as Tesla Energy, Tesla revamped its solar business.
To offer internet connectivity for a fee, SpaceX is building a constellation of satellites called Starlink. With its headquarters in Hawthorne, California, the Space Exploration Technologies Corporation is a United States-based company that produces satellites, launches rockets, and manufactures spacecraft. With the declared objective of lowering space transportation costs to facilitate Mars colonisation, Elon Musk launched it in 2002. The business makes the Cargo Dragon and Crew Dragon spacecraft, as well as the Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy, and Starship launch vehicles, as well as many rocket engines. It also produces Starlink communication satellites.
Newspapers could use Zip2’s online city guide software and purchase licences from the company.Greg Kouri, Elon and Kimbal Musk, and the company were launched in 1995 as Global Link Information Network in Palo Alto, California. Prior to being acquired by Compaq Computer in 1999, Global Link had first helped local businesses establish an online presence. However, it had also started helping newspapers create online city guides.
The American brain-computer interface (BCI) developer Neuralink Corporation is situated in Fremont, California, and produces implantable BCIs. Neuralink was established in 2016 and initially made public in March 2017 by Elon Musk and a group of seven scientists and engineers.
6) The Boring Company
Elon Musk launched the American infrastructure and tunnel building services firm The Boring Company (TBC). Its current and upcoming projects are intended for intra-city (“loop”) transit systems, which are underground public transportation systems powered by electric cars and transfer people directly to their destinations.
The fact that Twitter mostly consists of short, text-based postings makes it ideal for quickly disseminating information, a point of view, or a joke, which makes it very valuable for people like politicians, journalists, businesspeople, and celebrities. X Corp., a US firm, owns and runs Twitter, an online social media and social networking website.
Elon Musk Favourites
|Robert Downey Jr.
|Star Wars, The Martian, and Thank You for Smoking
|Favourite TV Shows
|The Big Bang Theory
|The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and Foundation series
Elon Musk Net Worth
|Net Worth (As per 2023)
|17,330 Crores Rupees in Indian Currency Approximately(Around 170 Billion USD)
Elon Musk Social Media Handle
|Twitter (136.7M Followers)
Elon Musk Controversy
- Elon Musk received a lot of media attention for his tweet, “A little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien and magic!” because it was a risky medication combination that he had publicly mentioned on his social media.
- Musk views artificial intelligence as the greatest danger facing humanity. Mark Zuckerberg described his ideas for artificial intelligence as “Irresponsible.” Elon responded that Zuckerberg just has a very basic understanding of artificial intelligence.
- The diver who rescued the 12 boys from the cave in Thailand criticised Elon Musk’s mini-submarine in 2018 and called it a “PR stunt.” Elon then found himself in hot water over another tweet. He referred to the British Diver as a “pedo guy” in his tweet. Tesla’s stock dropped 4% as a result of the public’s disapproval of his actions. The Tesla investors subsequently requested Elon to apologise. Musk is being sued by the diver, who is seeking damages of $75,000.
- Elon was charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission with securities fraud in September 2018. Nevertheless, the Tesla board of directors affirmed their support for Musk’s work ethics and said that they were “fully confident in Elon, his integrity, and his leadership of the company.”
- After taking over as Twitter’s owner on October 27, 2022, he sacked the company’s chief executive, Parag Agrawal, as well as its chief financial officer, Ned Segal, and its director of legal and policy, Vijaya Gadde.
Elon Musk Facts
- In addition to Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry, he has roots in South Africa, Canada, and the United States.
- After becoming intrigued by the Commodore VIC-20 (computer), Elon began teaching himself computer programming when he was 10 years old.
- ‘PC and Office Technology’ (a magazine) purchased his first video game, “Blastar,” from him for $500. Elon Musk had just turned 12 years old.
- Elon Musk was greatly influenced as a child by Isaac Asimov’s “Foundation series” book.
- Elon had a terrible upbringing as a result of bullying at school. He even ended himself in the hospital once after a group of boys thrashed him till he passed out and then threw him down a flight of stairs.
- Elon migrated to Canada just before turning 18 years old against his father’s wishes. Although Elon’s father wanted him to graduate from Pretoria, he chose to leave because he thought it would be simpler for him to travel to the United States from Canada.
- Elon and his brother Kimbal started “Zip2” (a web software startup) in 1995 using money they received from a select group of “angel investors.” Elon requested to become the CEO of Zip2, but the other board members refused to let him. However, Compaq later purchased Zip2 in 1999.
- In 1999. Elon co-founded the online financial services and email payment startup X.com. A year later, X.com and Confinity, which offered the “PayPal” money-transfer service, combined. He was removed from his role as CEO in 2000 due to a disagreement with the affiliated party. Before X.com was purchased by eBay in 2002, Elon was the company’s largest stakeholder.
- He was included in the 2016 list of the “Top 10 Business Visionaries Creating Value for the World,” along with Sal Khan and Mark Zuckerberg.
- In December 2016, he was listed as the 21st most powerful person in the world by Forbes.
- Musk bought the domain name tesla.com from Stu Grossman in 2016.
- Musk co-founded “Neuralink” in 2016. It is a young enterprise that combines artificial intelligence and the human brain. It aims to develop gadgets that can be inserted inside the human brain.
- Elon purchased the domain name X.com from PayPal in 2017 and claimed to have “great sentimental value” for it.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX launched “Falcon Heavy” on February 6, 2018, with a fake cargo that was Musk’s “Tesla Roadster.” The fourth-highest capacity rocket ever constructed, Falcon Heavy, became the most potent rocket currently in use in 2018.
- Elon said in an interview that Tesla would never produce an electric motorbike. He went on to say that while riding his motorbike as a youngster, he came dangerously close to being killed by a vehicle.
- He established the “Musk Foundation” as a philanthropist with the goal of supplying solar energy equipment to disaster-prone areas.
- He spent the night with a spiritual guru while visiting India, who advised him to help the underprivileged.
- Musk acquired his insight into social duty in this way.
- He announced the name of his newborn kid on Twitter in April 2020: X 2 A-12 Musk.
- On February 15, 2023, he named his Shiba Inu dog, Floki, as the new CEO of Twitter, claiming that Floki was “so much better than that other guy.”
- In May 2022, Maye Musk—who is one of the oldest women to ever grace the cover of Sports Illustrated—appeared on the magazine’s Swimsuit 2022 cover.
- Elon Musk does not own a home, despite being one of the richest people on the planet.
- Elon Musk will surpass Jeff Bezos to become the richest person in the world on January 8, 2021, according to Forbes’ projections. The CEO of Tesla outperformed Jeff Bezos, the former richest person in the world with a net worth of $185 billion, by almost $5 billion.
- His name was included in 2010’s list of “Time’s 100 people” who had the greatest impact on the globe, as well as Esquire magazine’s list of the 75 most important figures of the twenty-first century.
- Forbes published a list of “America’s 20 Most Powerful CEOs 40 And Under” in February 2011. Musk was included.
- Musk won the 2013 Fortune Businessperson of the Year award for SolarCity, Tesla, and SpaceX.
- He reads books voraciously.
- He is the longest-serving CEO of any automaker in the world as the CEO of Tesla.
- He is a citizen of three nations: the United States, South Africa, and Canada.
- Musk left his doctoral programme at Stanford University to start Zip2 Corporation, his first business.
- Elon’s real-life demeanour served as a much more colourful inspiration for Tony Stark’s Iron Man persona.